Monday, June 18, 2007

Deathly Hallows and Other Scary Things (Meaning Love)

Will Harry Potter die? - the Brando Lover

This is a really tough question. I consider myself to be quite the Potterphile and I'm torn.

I don't want him to die, as I love Harry. He's had a tough life, and it seems like it'll all be for naught if he actually kicks the bucket. But all the same, there are things that seem to suggest that he might die. For instance, Hermione is the heroine of the story. Normally, the heroine ends up with the hero, but JK Rowling has basically stated that Harry will not end up with her. It seems that Hermione is going to end up with Ron, the sidekick. And this just strikes me as odd. It doesn't follow the standard format.

So, I think it's up in the air. I really don't want him to die. But it could really happen.

-Pocahontas

Who should I love? - Emily

This is also a really tough question. And in this instance, it's even more important that I put my personal opinion aside, and try to be objective.

The best thing I can say is go with the one who covers some of the basic needs that one needs in a relationship: Do they love you back? Are they sane? Do they treat you nicely? They're not a puppy kicker, are they?...That sort of thing. And then, once you weed it down to a select few, you have to think about this in even MORE detail...who makes you feel the best? Who do you have the most fun with?

And also, you have to consider who you love more and in which way you love them. Sometimes, people mistake platonic love for something more. So, if you love one or more of these guys only platonically, count them out. You're not gonna magically love them deeper.

Then you gotta think...do you have a connection with them? Anyone who's really been in love knows this connection of which I speak. It's something deeper than logic or emotion; it's knowledge on a basic level. You just -- like -- know, you know?

These are all things to consider. I can't tell you who, specifically. I might like to tell you who NOT to love, but that is because I'm bossy. However, I'm mature enough to know it's not my place.

Hope that was of some help.

Your awesome friend,
Pocahontas

No comments: